High-Performance Connectors for Demanding Applications
Greene Tweed’s FC connectors use a threaded position keyed coupling connection while our ST connectors feature a bayonet twist-lock (j-slot) connection. Combined with the precision-machined zirconia ferrule/alignment sleeve, these connections ensure perfectly reproducible termini alignment in even the most demanding conditions.
When used with an FC adapter, ST adapter, or Permanent Bulkhead Feedthrough (PBF), they provide a hermetically sealed connection protected from wet environments and particulates that can irreversibly degrade optical fiber.
Dry HP Series
The DRY™ HP Series is used in harsh environments where assemblies are likely to be submerged in water or subjected to rain, ice, high humidity, or temperatures from -55°C to 85°C (-67°F to 185°F). All FC and ST connectors have passed stringent immersion and heat/humidity tests with minimal light loss.
Certificates & Patents
Seal-Connect® Electrical Connectors – Protected by U.S. Patents 7,249,971, 7,442,081
Additional patents may be pending in the U.S. and elsewhere.
Benefits & Features of Fiber Optic Connectors
- Universal threaded position keyed coupling works with single- and multi-mode fibers (FC)
- Universal bayonet twist-lock connection (ST)
- Connector kit is supplied without fiber.
- No signal degradation
- Effective sealing action eliminates damage from moisture or particulate
Tested & Approved
- Clarity of signal
- Tested from -55°C to 85°C (-67°F to 185°F) and subjected to stringent heat/humidity with 0.5 dB maximum insertion loss
- No water penetration to affect signal
- Ferrules are precision-machined zirconia
- Boot fits 3mm OD optical cable
- Made from high-quality, corrosion-resistant materials
- FC DRYTM is nickel-plated brass; FC-DRYTM HP is 316(ruggedized) series stainless steel
- Typical light loss is less than 0.5 dB
Reach out to learn how Greene Tweed connectors can support your application needs.