Broad Chemical and Temperature Resistance
Do you need custom-engineered components built to handle extreme conditions and challenging fluid handling applications? Chemraz® 555 FFKM delivers a wider operational band and superior compression set resistance than any other perfluoroelastomer on the market. Able to retain its physical properties at up to 600°F (316°C), this is the elastomer of choice for harsh conditions for applications within the Chemical Processing, Oil & Gas, and Semiconductor Subfab markets.
Chemraz® 555 is suitable for use in a wide variety of media including acids, caustics, aldehydes, esters, ethers, aromatics, hot water, steam, amines, methanol, ketones, TBA, MTBE, and mixed process streams, and is in O-rings, gaskets, and other custom shapes.
Features and Benefits
- Superior high-temperature capability (600°F/316°C) combined with broad chemical resistance in a wide range of media
- Outstanding physical properties allow for robust designs in various applications
- Excellent compression set maintains seal integrity in wide temperature and pressure variations as well as vibration
- Breadth of service capabilities can reduce the number of products in inventory through seal standardization
- Longer and better seal integrity in seal applications lower the lifecycle cost of the equipment
Extensive Testing & Proven Results
The following chart compares compression set resistance of Chemraz® 555 to competitive materials.
Chemraz® 555 FFKM Typical Properties
Industries & Applications
A universal, high-strength black FFKM compound designed for demanding applications
Chemraz® 555 products are designed for use across a wide range of applications. No matter how demanding the environment, our team works with you to determine the right solution for the job.
- Abatement systems
- Mechanical seals
- Pump housings
- Sampling/metering equipment
Broad Fluid Compatibility
Chemraz 555® is a proven, reliable solution for a variety of challenging fluids handling applications. View our Chemraz® Fluid Compatibility Guide to discover the broad compatibility of Chemraz® 555.
Chemraz® 555 Resources
Chemraz® 555 Case Study
Chemraz® FFKM Overview
A Versatile Elastomer
Let’s connect to see how Chemraz® 555 can support your business goals.