Aerospace & Defense
of the world's commercial and military aircraft rely on Greene Tweed’s custom engineered components.
Greene Tweed is the recognized leader in high-performance solutions for Aerospace and Defense.
With over 50 years of proven experience in the Aerospace industry, Greene Tweed engineers are experts in designing and developing innovative solutions for applications where failure is not an option, such as landing gear systems, flight control systems and engines, hydraulic utility systems, brake systems, fuel systems, and more.
Expert Application Engineering
Advanced Seals for Demanding Applications
Safely and efficiently transfer energy, keep fluids in and contaminants out, and prevent components from wearing out in harsh environments with Greene Tweed’s Aerospace and Defense sealing systems.
Explore Greene Tweed’s custom engineered solutions in our interactive catalog.
Stronger and Lighter than Metal
When it comes to Aerospace and Defense, there is no room for equipment failure. That’s why Greene Tweed manufactures high-performance thermoplastic and composite components built to perform throughout a broad range of critical applications.
Greene Tweed structural components deliver:
- Lightweight, high-performance alternative to metal parts, components, and assemblies
- Reduced part complexity and cost by combining multiple assembled components into one molded part
- Superior strength-to-weight ratio in demanding environments
Aerospace & Defense Resources
Greene Tweed FDA-Certified Materials
Advanced Air Mobility Xycomp® DLF™
MSE® Canted Coil Product Brochure
Chemraz® 541 Datasheet
Elastomer Fluid Compatibility Guide
Versatile Sealing and Scraping that Meets the Demands of Aerospace
When equipment failure is not an option, Greene Tweed MSE® metal spring energized seals provide superior sealing in even the most volatile conditions:
- High pressure or low pressure requirements, from vacuum up to 30,000 psi (2,070 bar) plus
- Large temperature variation, cryogenic to 550°F (288°C)
- Critical friction requirements
- Critical wear and life requirements
High Performance, Low Friction
Simplify installation and extend the service life of critical components with Greene Tweed’s low-friction, ultra-durable rod and piston seals:
- Actuators, flight controls, and landing gear
- Improved gland stability
- Reduced friction, efficient lubrication leading to longer seal life
- Retrofits existing glands
- Reduced seal roll and spiral failure
Interior and exterior aerospace brackets withstand extreme temperatures, repetitive use, and more. Greene Tweed components are uniquely equipped to tackle the extreme conditions of aerospace applications:
- Aerospace-grade carbon fiber pre-preg tape (AS4/PEEK, PEKK, PEI)
- Application weight savings of 35-50%
- OEM and Tier 1 supplier approvals (incl. GE, Rolls Royce, Pratt & Whitney, Collins Aerospace, Safran)
- Excellent impact performance thermal stability, chemical and environmental resistance
Proven Performance at 40,000 Feet
When it comes to critical aerospace applications, resistance to the elements is a must. Greene Tweed molded composite parts deliver enhanced mechanics and performance in even the harshest environmental conditions:
- Hail impact, erosion, bird-strike, and FST (fire, smoke, toxicity
- Typically 35-40% lighter than metallic parts
- Proprietary compression molding for increased part complexity and performance
- Resistance to extreme chemicals, temperature, and impact